Save or Splurge? Fall 2023 Fashion Trends

Navigating the world of fashion trends can often seem like a delicate balancing act. You want to stay current and stylish, but you also need to consider your budget. The question is: should you save or splurge?

We’ve got you covered! We’ve rounded up five of our favorite fall trends for 2023 from our Fall 2023 Outfit Guide, each with options at two different price points. Whether you’re looking to save a bit or go all out, we’ve got something for you.

1. Oversized Plaid Blazer:

These blazers offer a contemporary twist on a classic style. With a variety of colors available, they allow for personal expression and add a touch of modernity to any outfit.

2. Cargo Pants:

Cargo pants have become popular due to their versatility and practicality. Reminiscent of the early ’00s style, they offer a casual yet fashionable look.

3. Faux Leather Pants:

Faux leather pants have gained popularity as they add an edgy and sleek element to any ensemble. Their versatility allows them to be dressed up or down, making them a staple for the fall season.

4. Cropped Boucle Jackets:

These jackets are all about embracing the midriff-baring trend with a contemporary twist. They bring playfulness and femininity to your look, while the cropped length effortlessly pairs with high-waisted bottoms for a flattering silhouette.

5. Western Boots:

The resurgence of cowboy boots is fueled by the ongoing popularity of Y2K fashion. These boots evoke a sense of nostalgia and add a touch of iconic style to any outfit.

Save or Splurge? Fall 2023 Fashion trends: Western Boots

For a statement outerwear piece, consider the cropped boucle jacket. These jackets embrace the midriff-baring trend with a contemporary twist. Made from a textured fabric known as boucle, they bring playfulness and femininity to your look. The cropped length is designed to flatter the waistline and effortlessly pairs with high-waisted bottoms, creating a flattering silhouette. Style them over a fitted top or dress for a chic and modern outfit. Whether you’re heading to the office or going out for a casual lunch, cropped boucle jackets add a touch of sophistication and style to any ensemble.

Don’t Forget About the 70/30 Rule! 

Remember, we always advocate spending around 30% of your clothing budget on trendy items, allowing the remaining 70% to go towards quality staple pieces that form the foundation of your wardrobe.

Your Perfect Outfit Is Only Two Minutes Away…

If you’re struggling to understand your personal style and not quite sure which items should be staple pieces for you versus which are just trendy one-off items, we’ve got just the tool for you. Take our free 2-minute personal style quiz. Designed to guide you in identifying your unique style preferences, this quick and easy quiz can help you make more informed decisions about whether to save or splurge on the latest trends. Happy shopping!


October 30, 2023
by outfitformulas

Pin It on Pinterest